AG Bell 2014 Convention Call for Presentations
Submissions Open: August 19, 2013
Submissions Deadline: October 7, 2013
The Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (AG Bell) is seeking submissions for pre-convention workshops at its 2014 Convention in Orlando, Fla., June 26-30, 2014, at the Walt Disney Swan and Dolphin. Pre-convention workshops will take place on June 26, 2014.
The Education Program Committee for the 2014 AG Bell Convention is seeking submissions for presentations that focus on the past, present and future of the content areas outlined below. Preference will be given to presentations that reflect and convey the Convention’s overall theme — “Magic Made Real: Celebrating Our Heritage, Transforming Our Future.”
Pre-convention workshops are three and a half (3.5) hours in length with three (3) hours of instruction and a 30-minute break. Content for pre-convention workshop submissions must present evidence-based research, practice or information pertaining to one or more of the nine Listening and Spoken Language (LSL) domains of knowledge. The committee is also seeking presentations that incorporate a mix of delivery formats, including, but not limited to, lecture, interactive discussion, panels, small work groups, etc.:
LSL Domains of Knowledge:
- Hearing and Hearing Technology
- Auditory Functioning
- Spoken Language Communication
- Child Development
- Parent Guidance, Education and Support
- Strategies for Listening and Spoken Language Development
- History, Philosophy and Professional Issues
- Education (The focus of this domain is on the development and expansion of the auditory and language skills that underlie and support the child’s progress in the general education curriculum.)
- Emergent Literacy (The focus of this domain is on the development of the auditory and language skills that underlie and support the acquisition and advancement of literacy.)
The audience for pre-convention workshops will include teachers of the deaf, speech-language pathologists, audiologists, Listening and Spoken Language Specialists (LSLS®), school administrators, general educators and families. Submissions will be reviewed by the AG Bell 2014 Convention Education Program Committee. Notifications will be sent by October30, 2013 to all who submitted a proposal.
If selected, presenters will be asked to sign a presenter agreement based on the following requirements:
- All presenters (including co-presenters) are required to register for the Convention, unless they are attending only their presentation. If you are planning to attend only your presentation, please notify AG Bell in your presenter agreement in order to receive a designated badge.
- Unless specifically designated, AG Bell sessions are noncommercial forums. Individuals should refrain from the use of brand names and specific product endorsements — especially presenters who wish to have their sessions submitted for CEU approval.
- Presenters must provide their own laptop for presentations. AG Bell will provide LCD projectors and CART transcription services for each session and pre-convention workshop.
- Wireless internet WILL NOT be provided for presentations. Internet access for presenters may only be available in limited supply and must be requested in writing by March 10, 2014.
- Presenters agree to provide AG Bell with session materials by early June 2014.
Please click here to submit your pre-convention workshop proposal for the AG Bell 2014 Convention in Orlando, Fla.
Full link for workshops submissions: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2014WCFP